Is Codebug open source ? ... will it be???

Interfacing to the codebug
Rando

Is Codebug open source ? ... will it be???

Post by Rando » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Folks,

Howdy!

I would very much like to look at the schematic, and also try and noodle out how the HID USB MASS storage "bootloader" works. I really like the PIC18F25k50 chip, and have a lot of experience with it, and would like to share what I know about the part. I've not seen Microchip publish this type of facility, although it is common in ARM, m-Bed for example works this way.

Thanks to anyone who has some information.

R.
Last edited by Rando on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikerr

Re: Is Codebug open source ? ... will it be???

Post by mikerr » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:01 pm

Greg Fenton asked similar on the kickstarter comments here's the reply:

Sept 17:
gregfenton wrote: As a backer, may I formally request the board schematics and source code for the firmware and web code for the front and backend under the Creative Commons licence please?
I cannot find any hardware schematics or source code on the internet.
codebug wrote:Greg -- we're currently polishing off dealing with people who haven't received CodeBugs, once we've done that we'll post details. We're currently thinking github will be best option so everyone benefits from changes. We also have to be careful with the software as we rely on propriety libs at the moment. Our plan is to re-write these.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/92 ... g/comments
Twitter @mikered codebug profile mikerr

Rando

Re: Is Codebug open source ? ... will it be???

Post by Rando » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:43 am

Sir,

The proprietary libraries may be USB support from Microchip, there are several open source substitutes available, but certainly a non-trivial problem to clean room. Thanks for the consideration of your reply

R.